[caasp-beta] issues with pxe/autoyast/cloud-init

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.com
Tue Apr 4 00:13:27 MDT 2017

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 03, Andrew Cole wrote:

> I can now pxeboot systems in the environment and they seem to install
> caasp via autoyast successfully. However, I have two problems:
>
> 1. Systems brought up this way do not join the cluster-- they are not
> visible in the Velum UI, and `salt-key --list-all` from inside the
> salt-master container shows only 'ca' and the dashboard node.
> 2. I cannot access the pxe-booted machines to debug. I cannot log in
> because cloud-init does not seem to have used my user-data.
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated.

At a first glance I don't see anything obviously wrong.

My suggestion: download the autoyast profile, store it somewhere else
on your install server, set a root password (Replace the "!") and
install without cloud-init configuration but the new autoyast profile.
Now you should be able to login at the machine and look at the log
files, why salt-minion cannot connect with the administration dashboard.

If this works, we can try to find out why cloud-init does not work
for you.

   Thorsten