[caasp-beta] Antwort: Re: Networkconfig and hostnames

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.com
Fri Apr 7 03:42:54 MDT 2017

On Fri, Apr 07, Sebastian.Zielenski at edeka.de wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> when I install the FIRST node I choose the role Admin Dashboard you can also
> say controller if you want.
> I did the whole networkconfig on the Installation  and it shows also static
> before the Installation starts. But after Installation Hostname isn't set to
> the value I put in into the networkconfig section the same with default route
> and so on.

Ok, I tested this and it works fine for me without any problems.
I can reproduce your problem with BOOTPROTO=dhcp and not static, but
this seems to be only cosmetic, the network is setup correct.

I cannot reproduce that hostname and routing goes lost.
Could you please create a bug report and attach the whole /var/log
directory as tar archive? Without the log files, our developers cannot
find out what goes wrong here.

  Thanks,
    Thorsten