[caasp-beta] CaaS 1.0 beta2 Installer issues with hostnames

Hari Mahadevan hari at mahadevan.net
Fri Apr 21 11:33:11 MDT 2017

Alejandro, The ‘Set Hostname’ via DHCP is not an option to select (its
grayed out) when Static IPA is used. However this option is getting set
anyway regardless of the installer setting.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 1:14 AM, Alejandro Bonilla <abonilla at suse.com>
wrote:

> Hi Hari,
>
> On Apr 21, 2017 12:58 AM, Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Apr 20, Hari Mahadevan wrote:
>
> > This issue with interfaces defaulting to DHCP needs get addressed,
> perhaps I
> > would not have seen this issue if my subnet didn't respond to DHCP
> requests,
> > but not in this case and should be fixed.
>

> When setting the network options, there is a 'set hostname via dhcp' box.
> Is that option
> not being respected?
>

> This is fixed for the next Beta.
>
> --
> Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & CaaSP
> SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
> GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG
> Nuernberg)

Hari Mahadevan
914 564 2224 (c)
914 417 4292 (h)