[caasp-beta] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: tcpdump

Martin Weiss Martin.Weiss at suse.com
Wed Dec 6 02:37:12 MST 2017

> On Wed, Dec 06, Martin Weiss wrote:
>
>> An other approach for all that debugging purposes could be to use a special
>> docker image / docker container that delivers all the trouble shooting tools
>> required and run that with proper elevated rights..
>> Maybe we can deliver such an image for troubleshooting in general in the
>> future?
>
> A special container was planned, don't know what happend with that.
> There is an open request from me to deliver a "Tool‑Module" like we
> have for SLE12, which could contain all this additional tools
> for trouble shooting.

Yes - but installing them and then updating and patching them will again increase the size and time required for patching / updating etc.

I sill would vote for a way to "temporarily" and "on demand" add the debugging tools required and remove them quickly after we do not need them anymore automatically..
(there are so many debugging tools that might be required in different situations that might use more disk space than the basic OS ;-))

Martin