[caasp-beta] How to login to CAAS 1.0 RC 2

Rob Knight rob.knight at suse.com
Tue Jul 18 10:44:31 MDT 2017

It’s important to note in addition to this that we should be deploying the non RBAC version of the dashboard and not the git.io/kube-dashboard provided below.

If you run “kubectl create -f https://git.io/kube-dashboard-no-rbac” this will deploy the right version. You should not need to use –validate=false either – make sure you’re using the latest kubectl version and the non RBAC version of the file and validation will pass okay
It’s recommended to never not validate a kubernetes manifest. If there’s validation errors and you ignore them with the above it can cause issues in your cluster (I’ve managed to completely trash a cluster doing that with the RBAC version of the dashboard).

Personally after Ive run the above I just run “kubectl proxy” and then can access the dashboard on http://localhost:8001/ui.

But as the others have said; this is unsupported and provided as a “best effort” addition once CaaS Platform is launched.

----
Rob de Canha-Knight
EMEA Platform and Management Technical Strategist
SUSE
rob.knight at suse.com
(M) +44 7392 087303
(TW) rssfed23 <https://twitter.com/rssfed23>
----
 <http://www.susecon.com/>
Register with discount code isrrksc17 to save 25%!
----

  <https://twitter.com/suse> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rssfed23/>  <https://www.facebook.com/rssfed23>   <https://plus.google.com/+SUSE/posts> <https://www.youtube.com/user/susevideo>