[caasp-beta] cloud-init and root password

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.com
Wed Jun 21 06:00:54 MDT 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, Simeon Bobylev wrote:

> With VMX
>
> 1.       Download VMware files
>
> a.       SUSE-CaaS-Platform-1.0-VMware.x86_64-1.0.0-RC1.vmdk
>
> b.       SUSE-CaaS-Platform-1.0-VMware.x86_64-1.0.0-RC1.vmx

c. Create cloud-init configruation

From:
https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/caasp-beta/doc-bonus/#cloud-init

- Use a real USB stick or create a "virtual" one
- "Local Storage": create a vfat filesystem with label "cidata",
  no partitions allowed!

Create the file "meta-data"
Create the file "user-data" with the correct values.

Add this to your virtual machine.

> 2.       Run virtual machine
>
> 3.       After the boot, I get the following screen but I don’t know root
> credentials and I can’t access to http://10.1.133.28/ from my browser.

> With ISO

> 3.       During the installation I was never prompted for choosing keyboard,
> root password or some others parameters. System just installed itself
> automatically.

Are you sure you don't have some "automatic" configured somewhere?
YaST itself cannot skip this screen during installation, this can only
happen if you use autoyast.

   Thorsten