[caasp-beta] transactional updates

Bo Jin bo.jin at suse.com
Fri Mar 31 07:30:34 MDT 2017

Hi,
I still want to better understand "transaction updates".

 From the available docu so far I know the the transactional-update
script is looking if any new updates are available, if yes then a read
only snapshot of btrfs root fs will be created. Then the script will
execute the updates. After updates the ro snapshot will be marked as
active/default and machine needs to be rebooted.

My question is where does the rpm goto during updates? Into the ro
snapshot? Or is it going into a new ro snapshot of the snapshot and
mount it as rw somewhere and patch....?

I read ubuntu snapy but it didn't help me to understand.

Thanks for explaination in advance.

--
Bo Jin
Sales Engineer