[caasp-beta] CAP installation failing in uaa.yaml

Christian Frank cf at cloudssky.com
Mon Jul 23 03:15:03 MDT 2018

Hi all,

our partner manager pointed us to this mailing list, I hope we've come to
the correct place.

We're in the process of installing CAP 1.1 on upstream Kubernetes (as
outlined in chapter 6 of the deployment guide) and are running into the
following issue:

[arash]$ helm install suse/uaa --name susecf-uaa --namespace uaa --values
scf-config-values.yaml
Error: render error in "uaa/templates/uaa.yaml": template:
uaa/templates/uaa.yaml:45:67: executing "uaa/templates/uaa.yaml" at
<.Values.env.DOMAIN>: can't evaluate field DOMAIN in type interface {}

Any idea? We've set up DNS as described in the Cloud Foundry documentation
(https://docs.cloudfoundry.org/deploying/common/dns_prereqs.html), but we're
not sure if that's sufficient for CAP.

Here's our values.yaml file:

=== begin scf-config-values.yaml

env:

# Enter the domain you created for your CAP cluster
DOMAIN: cloudssky.net

 # UAA host and port
UAA_HOST: uaa.cloudssky.net
UAA_PORT: 2793
kube:
 # The IP address assigned to the kube node pointed to by the domain.
 external_ips: ["84.200.100.221"]

 # Run kubectl get storageclasses
 # to view your available storage classes
 storage_class: hostpath
 persistent: "persistent"
 shared: "shared"

 # The registry the images will be fetched from.
 # The values below should work for
 # a default installation from the SUSE registry.
 registry:
 hostname: "registry.suse.com"
 username: ""
 password: ""
 organization: "cap"
 # Required for CaaSP 2
 auth: rbac
secrets:
 # Create a password for your CAP cluster
 CLUSTER_ADMIN_PASSWORD: password

 # Create a password for your UAA client secret
 UAA_ADMIN_CLIENT_SECRET: password

=== end scf-config-values.yaml

Any help, ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance and best regards:

Chris

Clouds Sky GmbH
Im Mediapark 4c
50670 Köln
Tel.: +49 221 4853 5783
Mobile: +49 171 993 6814
www.cloudssky.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 70999
Geschäftsführer: Stephan Hartmann, Arash Kaffamanesh F.v.G.u.v.S.