[caasp-beta] Troubleshooting initial deployment

Rob de Canha-Knight rob.decanha-knight at suse.com
Wed Mar 7 04:41:12 MST 2018

Rick,

You can kick off the deployment manually by running
docker exec -it $(docker ps | grep salt-master | awk '{print $1}') salt-run -l debug state.orchestrate orch.kubernetes

Look for the first red error (all subsequent ones will be cascading failures as a result of the first one) and that'll be the root cause of your issue

-----
Rob de Canha-Knight
EMEA Platform and Management Technical Strategist
SUSE
rob.decanha-knight at suse.com
(P)  +44 (0) 1635 937689
(M) +44 (0) 7869 113493
(TW) rssfed23 <https://twitter.com/rssfed23>
I work on GMT time zone
----

On 06/03/2018, 22:28, "caasp-beta-bounces at lists.suse.com on behalf of Alejandro Bonilla" <caasp-beta-bounces at lists.suse.com on behalf of abonilla at suse.com> wrote:

    > On Mar 6, 2018, at 3:06 PM, Rick Ashford <Rick.Ashford at suse.com> wrote:
    >
    > I'm doing the initial deployment of a test cluster and I ran into an
    > error with the deployment (I forgot to add the update repos and patch
    > before deploying).
    >
    > Now that I think I have the issue fixed, can I tell Velum to go try and
    > deploy again, or am I forced to rebuild everything?  If I can retry,
    > what do I need to do to make that happen?

    What is the status of the deployed cluster? What succeeded and what failed?