[caasp-beta] velum troubleshoot

Jerry Hwang special011 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 22:33:46 MST 2018

Hello,

The velum dashboard is still unstable. Does it work well for everyone?
To SUSE team, do you have any kb or tips for troubleshooting velum?

I see this error in dashboard container:
Processing by DashboardController#index as HTML
Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 60111ms (ActiveRecord: 7.1ms)
Velum::SaltApi::SaltConnectionException (Net::ReadTimeout):

In the salt minion container, this repeats with no more clue.
[ERROR   ] Error while bringing up minion for multi-master. Is master at
localhost responding?

However, I don't see any error in salt master or api container.

That's pretty much I see in syslog as well.
It worked well in the beginning, but not so well after a while..
Where I should check further?

Jerry