[caasp-beta] How to deploy CaaSP on EC2?
junichi.yoshise at hpe.com
Thu May 24 11:12:05 MDT 2018
Thank you for the information!
I will try 2.1 AMI first, then 3.0 when it's available.
From: Ludovic Cavajani <lcavajani at suse.com>
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2018 12:46 AM
To: Paul Gonin <paul.gonin at suse.com>; Yoshise, Junichi <junichi.yoshise at hpe.com>; Proven, Liam <lproven at suse.com>
Cc: caasp-beta at lists.suse.com
Subject: Re: [caasp-beta] How to deploy CaaSP on EC2?
The AMIs are available in the Community AMIs, you can find them by searching "suse-caasp-2-1".
There is currently no public documentation but it will be available soon so you must be aware that the deployment is ***different*** than on-premises. In the case of public clouds, the bootstrapping of the cluster nodes (masters/workers) is done through Velum leveraging the underlying cloud api.
Here is an totally ***unsupported******* quick start guide to deploy a cluster***usable only from inside the tenant***.
Deploying a cluster accessible from outside require ***a lot more security considerations***.
1. An IAM role with the following policies attached to it must exit.
2. Launch a virtual instance of an admin node
* Search Community AMIs -> suse-caasp-2-1-*admin*
* Select and choose an instance type like t2.large
* Fill in the common fields (Subnet, VPC etc), it is very important to
select the ***iam role*** otherwise it is not possible to create a
* Select SSH keypair
* Launch the instance
3. SSH to the admin node with the user 'ec2-user', run the script /usr/sbin/caasp-admin-setup as root and answer the questions.
* Would you like to use your own certificate from a known (public or
self signed) Certificate Authority?
* Email address for login to Admin Dashboard?
* Password for login to Admin Dashboard
* Would you like to register the system with the SUSE Customer Center
(SCC) to receive updates? (e-mail and registration code required) (Y/n)
4. Edit the security group attached to the admin node and allow inbound connection on port 443.
Only then you can access to Velum with https://admin-node-public-dns For testing, you can use the public DNS associated with your instance, something like "ec2-public-ip.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com"
5. In the first Velum page, it is the same as usual if you're familiar with the on-premises.
6. In the second Velum page, here is the selection of the flavor for the nodes and the number of wanted nodes.
7. The nodes will be created and appear in the cluster configuration where there is the selection of the role for each node.
External kubernetes (use internal DNS):
External dashboard FQDN (use public DNS):
8. Start the cluster bootstrap
9. Once bootstrapped, you'll get the info on how to get your kubeconfig with caasp-cli from the admin node and start using the cluster from there.
$ caasp-cli login -s https://ip-private.eu-west-1.compute.internal:6443
-u USER -p PASSWORD
On 05/24/2018 05:32 PM, Paul Gonin wrote:
> Look for suse-caasp in Community AMIs
> suse-caasp-2-1-admin-byos-v20180516-hvm-ssd-x86_64 - ami-f171c08c
> suse-caasp-2-1-cluster-byos-v20180516-hvm-ssd-x86_64 - ami-de71c0a3
> Paul Gonin
> Le jeudi 24 mai 2018 à 12:58 +0000, Yoshise, Junichi a écrit :
>> Even for 2.1, I can't find any AMI nor document. Is it really ready?
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Liam Proven <lproven at suse.com>
>> Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 7:26 PM
>> To: Yoshise, Junichi <junichi.yoshise at hpe.com>
>> Cc: caasp-beta at lists.suse.com
>> Subject: Re: [caasp-beta] How to deploy CaaSP on EC2?
>> On Thu, 24 May 2018 06:34:27 +0000
>> "Yoshise, Junichi" <junichi.yoshise at hpe.com> wrote:
>>> I’m trying to deploy CaaSP 3.0 beta2 on AWS EC2. Since AMI is not
>>> available, I’ve converted qcow2 or vmdk file then tried to import to
>>> EC2, but it didn’t work. Is there any way to deploy CaaSP on EC2?
>> As I understand it, currently, for public cloud use, you should be
>> looking at CaaSP 2.1, not 3.0 -- and I believe it has not yet reached
>> beta phase.
>> Liam Proven - Technical Writer, SUSE Linux s.r.o.
>> Corso II, Křižíkova 148/34, 186-00 Praha 8 - Karlín, Czechia
>> Email: lproven at suse.com - Office telephone: +420 284 241 084
>> caasp-beta mailing list
>> caasp-beta at lists.suse.com
> caasp-beta mailing list
> caasp-beta at lists.suse.com
More information about the caasp-beta