[caasp-beta] CAASP v4 beta 3

Jordi Massaguer Pla jmassaguerpla at suse.de
Wed May 29 05:54:41 MDT 2019

On 05/29/2019 01:12 PM, Le Bihan Stéphane (AMUNDI-ITS) wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I am disappointed to see that the CAASP v4 beta version is only
> available for VMware and Suse Openstack cloud 8.
>
> We plan to migrate to version 4 for the network segregation part and
> have a better provision for the CEPHfs SES and we would like to
> validate everything we already have on CAASP v3.
>
> Do you have a release date for KVM / bare-metal?

Hi,

bare metal is the next in the list of priorities, so we intend to
release it in the next release. That being said, I am quite confident
you could do a bare metal deployment with the current beta2, but you
will have to deploy the nodes manually. See:
https://susedoc.github.io/doc-caasp/master/caasp-deployment/single-html/#_deployment_on_existing_sles_installation

For the beta2 we did not mention bare metal explicitly because we have
not run the full test suite on that, and because we have not released
the deployment tools or docs, which are WIP right now.

Let us know if you encounter any trouble specific to bare metal or the
integration with CEPHfs SES.

Thanks

--
Jordi Massaguer Pla