[Deepsea-users] Salt: Cluster Network

Eric Jackson ejackson at suse.com
Fri Feb 3 06:35:01 MST 2017

Hi Robert,

On Friday, February 03, 2017 01:13:37 PM Robert Grosschopff wrote:
> OK. It creates an entry in /srv/pillar/ceph/stack/default/ceph/cluster.yml
> that can be overridden by entries in
> /srv/pillar/ceph/stack/ceph/cluster.yml

Correct.  The short answer is that the code guesses what is the most likely
private ipv4 network shared by all hosts.  If there is more than one, then
pick the top two (knowing this won't work for everyone, but I haven't heard as
many complaints as anticipated.)

> I wonder why we keep getting the following errors:
>
> cluster_interface	: [‘minion osd02.site.tld missing address on cluster
> network 192.168.151.0/24 …]
 [ERROR     	] No highstate or sls specified,
> no execution made

It's a sanity check.  All ceph nodes need an interface on the public network.
All storage nodes need an interface on the cluster network.  So, first
question:  is 192.168.151.0/24 a suitable cluster network?  If so, the query
to Salt about osd02 seems to think that no address in that subnet is assigned
to any interface on that minion.

Take a look at

salt 'osd02*' grains.items

Reconcile that output (you'll notice a few stanzas related to addresses)
against ifconfig/ip.

Hope that helps.

Eric