[Deepsea-users] How does the Salt REST-API handle long-running requests?

Lenz Grimmer lgrimmer at suse.com
Thu Feb 16 01:35:59 MST 2017

Hi,

$TOPIC basically says it all - I'm wondering how the API deals with
long-running requests, as this has an impact on how it can be used from
a WebUI.

Does it always return immediately and one has to query the state of the
request in a queue? This is something we need to keep in mind when
implementing the UI part in openATTIC - we have a generic task queue
implementation there already, that could be used to schedule these requests.

Lenz

--
SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)