[Deepsea-users] SES4, What is the correct process to remove cephfs?

Eric Jackson ejackson at suse.com
Thu Jun 1 11:08:22 MDT 2017

Hi Boyd,
  Sorry for the delay, but your message was waiting for a moderator.

  Removing the role and adding it back should be sufficient as well.
The general procedure for removing and re-adding any Ceph functionality is

1) comment out/edit the line in your policy.cfg to exclude the role assignment
for the specific node

2) Run Stage 2-5 (Technically, you can run Stage 2 and Stage 5 if you *know*
that you are not adding or migrating anything else.)

3) Uncomment/restore the previous policy.cfg

4) Run Stage 2-4

If you are looking for what steps are really performed, take a look in
/srv/salt/ceph/remove and /srv/salt/ceph/rescind.  The remove steps happen on
the master node (i.e. typically need Ceph admin keyring access).  The rescind
steps happen on the specific node.

Eric