[Deepsea-users] SES4, What is the correct process to remove cephfs?

Boyd Memmott Boyd.Memmott at suse.com
Fri Jun 9 12:02:50 MDT 2017

Thanks for the insights.  I will it again when I get time...

Here is how I accomplish the task:
1- Stop mds services on the nodes running the service:
The follow nodes will be running the mds service.
cat /srv/pillar/ceph/proposals/policy.cfg
Look for:
role-mds/cluster/*.sls
ssh to each of these nodes and stop the service.
systemctl stop ceph-mds.target

2- List the name of the cephfs filesystems:
ceph fs ls
name: cephfs, metadata pool: cephfs_metadata, data pools: [cephfs_data ]
Note: "data pools is plural", so it may support more than one..

3- Remove the cephfs with the following command
ceph fs rm <filesystem name> [--yes-i-really-mean-it]

4- Remove the corresponding pools:
ceph osd pool ls
ceph osd pool rm cephfs_data cephfs_data --yes-i-really-really-mean-it
ceph osd pool rm cephfs_metadata cephfs_metadata --yes-i-really-really-mean-it
ceph osd pool ls

Now start mds services on all nodes:
systemctl start ceph-mds.target

thanks