[Deepsea-users] NFS Ganesha custom roles

Supriti Singh Supriti.Singh at suse.com
Wed Jun 14 13:38:48 MDT 2017

With default ganesha you have possible options:

1. Ganesha + RGW + Cephfs
   When both mds and rgw are defined.

2. Ganesha + RGW:
    If you don't have any mfs role define, but have a rgw, ganesha.conf will define export block for each user defined
in rgw.sls under "rgw_configurations".

3. Ganesha + Cephfs
    Only mds role.

The example ganesha_rgw and ganesha_cephfs is applicable when admin wants to run only Ganesha+Cephfs on one node and
Ganesha +RGW on other. With defaul "ganesha" role its not possible.

------
Supriti Singh��SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imend��rffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
HRB 21284 (AG N��rnberg)

>>> Nathan Cutler <ncutler at suse.cz> 06/14/17 7:18 PM >>>
I like this idea, I think. If I understand correctly, with the default
"ganesha" role I can do cephfs FSAL by itself, or cephfs + rgw FSAL, but
I cannot do rgw FSAL by itself. So I will need the custom role
ganesha_rgw for that.

Nathan Cutler
Software Engineer Distributed Storage
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.