[Deepsea-users] Trouble installing vagrant on latest openSUSE Tumbleweed

Alexander Graul agraul at suse.com
Mon Apr 9 05:36:11 MDT 2018

On 04/09/2018 01:17 PM, Nathan Cutler wrote:
> And this page [1] says the problem is incompatibility with
> libreadline.so.7 (needs an earlier version)

I had the same problem, just copying the distro lib worked for me:

sudo cp /lib64/libreadline.so.7 /opt/vagrant/embedded/lib

I then installed vagrant-libvirt with the following options:

CONFIGURE_ARGS='with-ldflags=-L/opt/vagrant/embedded/lib
with-libvirt-include=/usr/include/libvirt with-libvirt-lib=/usr/lib'
GEM_HOME=~/.vagrant.d/gems GEM_PATH=$GEM_HOME:/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems
PATH=/opt/vagrant/embedded/bin:$PATH vagrant plugin install vagrant-libvirt

I don't know if those options are required, I came across them on
StackOverflow and kept using them after copying the library.

Alex