[Deepsea-users] Rolling Updates

Robert Grosschopff Robert.Grosschopff at suse.com
Wed Jul 11 07:38:01 MDT 2018

Hi Nathan,

partner installed jq because it was missing. I wonder wyh  jq was not installed.  Should the partner open a bug report ?

It seems that deepsea still has some problems but salt-run seems to work although the dmidecode warnings are still there.

Robert

deepsea
--------------
sesadmin:~ # deepsea stage run ceph.stage.0
Starting stage: ceph.stage.0
Parsing ceph.stage.0 steps... ⏳

[parsing] on master
            |_ ceph.stage.0

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/deepsea", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('deepsea==0.8.5', 'console_scripts',
'deepsea')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deepsea/deepsea.py",
line 371, in main
    cli(prog_name='deepsea')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line
722, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line
697, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line
1066, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line
1066, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line
895, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/click/core.py", line
535, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deepsea/common.py",
line 66, in func_wraper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deepsea/deepsea.py",
line 326, in stage_run
    ret = run_stage(stage_name, hide_state_steps,
hide_dynamic_steps, simple_output)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deepsea/stage_executor.py",
line 79, in run_stage
    mon.parse_stage(stage_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deepsea/monitor.py",
line 533, in parse_stage
    self._monitor_listeners)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deepsea/stage_parser.py",
line 288, in parse_stage
    states_to_render[step.target[0]].add(step.sls)
TypeError: unhashable type: 'list'

salt-run
--------------
 sesadmin:~ # salt-run state.orch ceph.stage.0
[WARNING ] Although 'dmidecode' was found in path, the current
user cannot execute it. Grains output might not be accurate.
[WARNING ] Although 'dmidecode' was found in path, the current
user cannot execute it. Grains output might not be accurate.
[WARNING ] Although 'dmidecode' was found in path, the current
user cannot execute it. Grains output might not be accurate.
deepsea_minions          : valid
master_minion            : valid
ceph_version             : valid
[...]
[WARNING ] Could not write out jid file for job
20180711145414360489. Retrying.
[WARNING ] Could not write out jid file for job
20180711145414360489. Retrying.
[WARNING ] Could not write out jid file for job
20180711145414360489. Retrying.
[WARNING ] Could not write out jid file for job
20180711145414360489. Retrying.
[WARNING ] Could not write out jid file for job
20180711145414360489. Retrying.
[ERROR   ] prep_jid could not store a jid after 5 tries.
[ERROR   ] Could not store job cache info. Job details for this
run may be unavailable.
[WARNING ] Although 'dmidecode' was found in path, the current
user cannot execute it. Grains output might not be accurate.
[WARNING ] Although 'dmidecode' was found in path, the current
user cannot execute it. Grains output might not be accurate.
[WARNING ] Although 'dmidecode' was found in path, the current
user cannot execute it. Grains output might not be accurate.
[WARNING ] Although 'dmidecode' was found in path, the current
user cannot execute it. Grains output might not be accurate.
[WARNING ] Although 'dmidecode' was found in path, the current
user cannot execute it. Grains output might not be accurate.
[WARNING ] Could not write out jid file for job
20180711145427401204. Retrying.
[...]
[WARNING ] All minions are ready
No minions matched the target. No command was sent, no jid was
assigned.
[WARNING ] Although 'dmidecode' was found in path, the current
user cannot execute it. Grains output might not be accurate.
[WARNING ] Processing host ses1