[Machinery] Announcing Machinery 1.4.0

Tim Hardeck thardeck at suse.de
Wed Feb 18 09:31:14 MST 2015

Hi,

the Machinery team is happy to announce the release of Machinery 1.4.0.
Machinery is a systems management toolkit for Linux:
http://machinery-project.org

This release introduces inspection of Red Hat Linux Enterprise 6 systems.
In combination with the previously introduced inspection support for the
architectures s390x and ppc64le Machinery is now able to inspect an even
wider range of systems.

The changes in detail are:

## Version 1.4.0

* Support inspection of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 systems
* Introduce system description format version 3 (see
https://github.com/SUSE/machinery/wiki/System-Description-Format#version-3)
* Usability improvements of the HTML view (gh#SUSE/machinery#359)
* Speed up `machinery list` command

## Version 1.3.0

* Added support for inspecting System z systems
* Added support for inspecting POWER LE systems
* Added support to run Machinery on System z
* Added support to run Machinery on POWER LE
* Handle system description errors as warnings
* Added `machinery upgrade-format --force` command

The new Machinery version will be available via the „Advanced Systems
Management“ module on SLES 12.
It is also available for openSUSE via our homepage
http://machinery-project.org

We are looking forward to your feedback.

Your Machinery team

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild,
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)