[Machinery] SUSE Studio integration

Matwey V. Kornilov matwey.kornilov at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 11:11:31 MDT 2015

19.07.2015 00:35, Cornelius Schumacher пишет:
> On Saturday 18 July 2015 20:50:44 Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to export machinery profile to SUSE Studio? Is this
>> feature planned?
>
> You can go via a Kiwi or Autoyast profile and import that. Use
>
>      machinery export-kiwi --kiwi-dir <somedir> <yourdescription>
>
> to create a Kiwi profile in the directory <somedir> and then use the "import"
> type, when creating a new appliance in Studio to upload the Kiwi profile
> there.

Many thanks, this is what I missed. I thought only kiwi export was possible.

> This is what is possible today. A more direct import would be possible to
> implement, and we actually have talked about it at some time. What would be
> your use case for this feature?

Would be great If it were possible to do directly through machinery
command using studio API. And much more, would be great If machinery
could detect appliance ID of the current system.

The use case is simple - to sync changes back to the studio appliance.
Sometimes when I deploy an appliance from the studio, the appliance is
not good enough configured and I have to tune it manually. Now I have to
do this twice, because need to introduce same changes into the appliance.

The other possible use case could be to migrate 'typical' installation
directly into the studio appliance.