[Machinery] Extract files extracts /home tree

Thomas Goettlicher tgoettlicher at suse.de
Thu Jul 23 06:19:11 MDT 2015

On 07/23/2015 12:08 PM, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running machinery-1.11.1 and do the following command to extract
> files to export kiwi:
>
> /usr/bin/machinery inspect --extract-files
> --scope=config-files,changed-managed-files,unmanaged-files
> --name='name' ip
>
> Then I've found that whole /home tree is also archived and extracted.
> When I do
>
> machinery export-kiwi
>
> then I have tarballs for each user in
> root/tmp/unmanaged_files/trees/home dir.
>
> Is it possible to filter out files from /home at extracting and
> exporting? Sorry, if I missed something obvious.

You can pass `--skip-files=/home` in order to not inspect unmanaged
files in the specified directory:

# machinery inspect --skip-files=/home --extract-files
--scope=config-files,changed-managed-files,unmanaged-files --name='name' ip

By the way, remote file systems are skipped by default.

Hope that helps,
Thomas

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany