[Machinery] New release: Machinery 1.12.0

Cornelius Schumacher cschum at suse.de
Mon Sep 7 02:57:45 MDT 2015

Hi all,

we are happy to announce a new release of Machinery.

The most significant change is that it speeds up the inspection of unmanaged
files quite a bit. This is due to the use of a new method of gathering data on
the inspected machine using a helper binary.

The fast inspection is only used for a subset of use cases right now. We are
working on enabling the others as well.

Complete change log:

## Version 1.12.0 - Fri Sep 04 16:51:10 CEST 2015 - cschum at suse.de

* The x86_64 machinery-helper is now shipped with machinery. It speeds up
  inspection of unmanaged-files when the files are not extracted
* Fix for unmanaged-file inspector to not mark directories as unmanaged if
they only consist managed sub directories

You can get the new packages for openSUSE from our home page at
http://machinery-project.org or you simply run `zypper up machinery` on your
local system.

If you have feedback, please let us know.

Your Machinery team

--
Cornelius Schumacher <cschum at suse.de>