[Machinery] New release: Machinery 1.16.4

Mauro Morales mamorales at suse.de
Mon Jan 18 09:07:43 MST 2016

Fellow Machinists,

As a team we've been fixing some bugs and doing some changes in order to
give you a better user experience. Worth noticing is that now you can
pass an html option to the list command `machinery list --html` which
will display all your system descriptions in a nice HTML view. We've
also changed the way how Machinery will run and now allow any system by
default as long as the right dependencies are in place. The final
relevant change to mention is that now machinery won't filter the
"/boot" directory by default but you are able to have the previous
functionality by just running `machinery inspect --skip-files=/boot`

Get the new release from the Machinery home page [1] via one-click
install or for example by running `zypper up machinery`, if you already
have a previous version installed.

The changes in 1.16.4 pave the way for a really cool new feature we are
currently implementing for our next release but I won't be giving away
any spoilers on this email.

In the meantime here is the complete list of changes since you last
heard from us. Our best wishes for 2016 and and don't forget that your
feedback is always welcome.

## Version 1.16.4 - Thu Jan 14 18:35:47 CET 2016 - thardeck at suse.de

* The unmanaged-files scope filter will not include "/boot" by default
anymore.
   In order to have the same behavior as before run:
   `machinery inspect --skip-files=/boot`
* Fix crash during image build on SLES12 SP1 (gh#SUSE/machinery#1828)

## Version 1.16.3 - Thu Jan 07 17:57:27 CET 2016 - thardeck at suse.de

* Remove concept of "supported systems" in favor of letting Machinery run
   everywhere. Whether a system can be built, exported, etc will be
validated
   from its related task by checking if the propper tooling is installed
   (Fixes bnc#959558)
* Remove hint for `show`, when `inspect-container` is run with `--show`
option
* Rephrase the startup messages and warn messages when starting the HTTP
   server for compare, show, or serve system descriptions
* Change `serve` command to always list all system descriptions

## Version 1.16.2 - Tue Nov 24 13:17:18 CET 2015 - thardeck at suse.de

* Fix crash when the user does not have enough permissions to create the
image
   directory for the `build` command (gh#SUSE/machinery#1667)
* Fix wrong hint for docker containers while running `analyze` command
   (gh#SUSE/machinery#1632)
* Add a new hint when using the `--public` option for the `serve`
command that it
   makes all descriptions publicly available
* Fix Machinery failing to inspect changed config files in case of
restrictive
   permissions (gh#SUSE/machinery#1609)
* Remove hint for `show`, when `inspect` is run with `--show` option
   (gh#SUSE/machinery#1648)
* Fix repository inspection on hosts that have a LANGUAGE variable set
* Empty scopes now display a message in HTML & CLI views
(gh#SUSE/machinery#1615)
* Fix SLES 11 SP4 os inspector output to be similar to SLES 11 SP3
* Fix Autoyast export on openSUSE Leap and Tumbleweed
(gh#SUSE/machinery#1627)
* Allow building of openSUSE Leap and Tumbleweed on openSUSE Leap and
Tumbleweed
* Allow building of SLES11 and SLES12 on openSUSE Leap
* Add HTML landing page, which lists all system descriptions on your system

## Version 1.16.1 - Mon Nov 09 17:55:15 CET 2015 - thardeck at suse.de

* Fix type recognition in case of empty files for config- and
changed-managed-files
   inspectors (gh#SUSE/machinery#1612)

Best Regards,
the Machinery Team