[Machinery] machinery: Phase 5

Cornelius Schumacher cschum at suse.de
Fri Jul 29 06:09:46 MDT 2016

On Freitag, 29. Juli 2016 07:07:05 CEST Sielck, Jochen wrote:

> found this hints on
> https://github.com/SUSE/machinery/blob/master/docs/Filtering-Design.md
>
> *  Step 1: Implement core filtering classes and move current filtering to
> them. This includes storing filters used during inspection in the meta data
> of the system description. (done) *  Step 2: Implement --skip-files option
> for the inspect command to make it easier for users to add filters. *  Step
> 3: Implement generic --exclude option to let users add additional filters
> on demand. This option can also be used in our integration tests. (done as
> experimental option) *  Step 4: Implement inverted filters
> *  Step 5: Implement filter command and persistent per-description filters.
> *  Step 6: Implement user-level persistent filters.
> *  Step 7: Implement disabling of filters
>

> I guess, we actually reached Step 4 .. what's the plan to reach Step 5, 6, 7
> ?

You are right, we are at step 4. We have plans to make the experimental option
generally available as the next step.

What of the other features would you need? Are you interested in making it
possible to store sets of filters as part of a description or as user-wide
preference?

--
Cornelius Schumacher <cschum at suse.de>