[sle-beta] Request for Autoyast profiles - improve our test coverage for SLE 15

Vincent Moutoussamy vmoutoussamy at suse.com
Thu Jul 27 03:04:18 MDT 2017

Hi,

If this is more convenient for you, you can also use the tool supportconfig[1] to
retrieve the autoyast configuration files. Then you can just share your
supportconfig tarball.

From the supportconfig source code:
/sbin/supportconfig:
> yast_files() {
>         # This is a minimum required function, do not exclude
>         printlog "YaST Files..."
>         test $MIN_OPTION_YAST -eq 0 && { echolog EXCLUDED; return 1; }
>         hppsp_info
>         # YaST files
>         OF=y2log.txt
>         addHeaderFile $OF
>         rpm_verify $OF yast2-packager
>         rpm_verify $OF yast2-packagemanager
>         if rpm -q perl-Bootloader &> /dev/null; then
>                 rpm_verify $OF perl-Bootloader
>         fi
>         test -d /var/log/YaST2 && FILES=$(find -L /var/log/YaST2/ -type f | egrep -v "_dev_|\.tbz$|\.tgz$|\.gz$|\.bz2$|\.zip$") || unset FILES
>         conf_files $OF /etc/youservers /etc/sysconfig/onlineupdate /etc/wgetrc
>         log_files $OF 0 /var/log/pbl.log
>         (( ADD_OPTION_MAXYAST > 0 )) && log_files $OF 0 $FILES || log_files $OF $VAR_OPTION_LINE_COUNT $FILES
>         [[ -s /root/autoupg.xml ]] && FILES="/root/autoupg*xml" || FILES=''
>         conf_files $OF /root/autoinst.xml $FILES /var/adm/autoinstall/cache/installedSystem.xml
>         sed -i -e 's!<user_password>.*</user_password>!<user_password>*REMOVED BY SUPPORTCONFIG*</user_password>!g' $LOG/$OF
>         echolog Done
> }

As you can see, any password hashes will be automatically removed from the
autoyast profile.

Regards,

[1] https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/beta-guidelines/#q15
--
Vincent Moutoussamy
SUSE Beta Program and SDK Project Manager