[sle-beta] first impressions, build service?

Adrian Schröter adrian at suse.de
Thu Nov 2 03:15:22 MDT 2017

On Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2017, 19:23:02 CET wrote Andreas Jaeger:
> On 2017-10-31 19:20, Czanik, Péter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just finished installing beta1 on a SoftIron Overdrive box (Aarch64)
> > and I could not spot any extra bugs compared to x86!
> >
> > When can we expect build service support for SLES 15? I build all my rpm
> > packages there and completely forgot how to build RPMs locally... :) I
> > did a syslog-ng compile by hand, but using OBS would be a lot more
> > convenient...
>
> The team has already started working on this and run into a few problems
> with package set up that need fixing AFAIR,

The setup is there already, you can configure your build against

 SUSE:SLE-15:GA / standard

already. However, you will notice that some critical packages are missing,
like "rpm-build". This is currently in the hand of the SDK release manager
to fix it :)

Your builds will start as soon as this got fixed ...

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian at suse.de

Maxfeldstraße 5