[sle-beta] Again no KDE?

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Sun Nov 5 06:10:40 MST 2017

Grand Sunday Afternoon,

Your words are good and true, but I think there is more under the water than technical arguments.

My friends and I tried very hard to have KDE as part of SLES/ SLED but it's like walking into the wind, or something similar. So join the good people using openSUSE LEAP 42. It's very close to SUSE-12 and has a very good KDE environment. From a development point of view it works well, but if you want to run production then you have to turn Red.  I hope one day SUSE will come to understand that KDE is a good offering and it's what a lot of their customers want, but at the moment the tide is out, but like the tides it will change.

__R