[sle-beta] SuSEfirewall2

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Tue Oct 31 10:34:21 MDT 2017

Grand Evening,

There places where one tries to configure, say YaST2 - Remote Administration (VNC), ones gets a pop-up from Yast2 saying package ........... needs to be installed. A package seen often is SuSEfirewall2. So one clicks to say "install", there are some flashing screens and you get a Remote Administration screen asking what you what to "allow" and the last line says:  "Firewall package is not installed"  Ummm one says, push on and the next screen offers to save the configuration, but you have another grand Pop-up and this one says: these packages need to be installed. Now we have two packages, the good "xinetd" which we talked a lot about this morning and we know now that package will not darken our doors again and vncmanager. Slickly crossing to a terminal screen a "zypper in vncmanager" fixes that. BUT as Yast2 seem to know what is missing, why not offer to install the missing packages ?
FYI without SuSEfirewall2 running you don't have any VNC  and a few other well know suspects..

Well that me for the day, you will be happy to know tomorrow I have to work, so know more cage rattling for a few days.

__R

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Eric Duffaut, Dr. Wolfram Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt, Dr. Stefan Sigg; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com