[sle-beta] Missing content file in installer

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Tue Oct 31 11:20:59 MDT 2017

On Tue, Oct 31, Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > It was already deprecated with SLE12 since no tool did need it.
> > So with SLE15 we finally removed it.
>
> Well, I had built a tool that used this info in order to build PXE config. :)

tftpboot-installer-<product>-<version>...noarch.rpm ...

> It is not a big deal to adapt it. Could you point me where I can get a similar
> data as /content had in current media layout? I would like a pretty name
> (i.e.: "SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP 2"), and, if possible, a numeric name (i.e.: 15.2).
> Something very similar to a /etc/os-release.

An installation media like SLE15 Installer can have several products,
not only one. The content file is limited to one product, which does
not fit the reality any longer.

> Using grep, I found /.treeinfo. Is it the way to go?

That's for virt-install. If you don't want to parse the product data
as YaST does, it's a good alternate solution. But limited to only
one product, too.

  Thorsten