[sle-beta] SuSEfirewall2

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Tue Oct 31 12:15:31 MDT 2017

Many thanks for the update Frederic.
__R

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
  Original Message
From: Frederic Crozat
Sent: Tuesday, 31 October 2017 17:42
To: sle-beta at lists.suse.com
Subject: Re: [sle-beta] SuSEfirewall2

Le mardi 31 octobre 2017 à 16:34 +0000, Waite, Dick (External) a
écrit :
> Grand Evening,
>
> There places where one tries to configure, say YaST2 - Remote
> Administration (VNC), ones gets a pop-up from Yast2 saying package
> ........... needs to be installed. A package seen often is
> SuSEfirewall2. So one clicks to say "install", there are some
> flashing screens and you get a Remote Administration screen asking
> what you what to "allow" and the last line says:  "Firewall package
> is not installed"  Ummm one says, push on and the next screen offers
> to save the configuration, but you have another grand Pop-up and this
> one says: these packages need to be installed. Now we have two
> packages, the good "xinetd" which we talked a lot about this morning
> and we know now that package will not darken our doors again and
> vncmanager. Slickly crossing to a terminal screen a "zypper in
> vncmanager" fixes that. BUT as Yast2 seem to know what is missing,
> why not offer to install the missing packages ?
> FYI without SuSEfirewall2 running you don't have any VNC  and a few
> other well know suspects..

SUSEFirewall2 is deprecated in SLE15 and is being replaced by
firewalld. However, YaST isn't yet fully up to date with firewalld
support. This will be fixed in future beta milestone.

--
Frederic Crozat
Enterprise Desktop Release Manager