[sle-beta] Transactional Updates in Leap 15

Richard Brown rbrown at suse.de
Thu Apr 5 01:40:32 MDT 2018

Hi SLE Beta Testers,

I know you're all busy with the SLE 15 beta and I don't want to distract you (too much) from that excellent
work.

But if you have any cycles left to spare, I have a request on behalf of the openSUSE project for some time
testing a feature which may also be finding its way into future versions of SLE in some form.

Leap 15 will be openSUSE's first stable version offering a System Role with Transactional Updates & Read-Only
Root Filesystems. Already used in SUSE CaaSP & Kubic, this approach gives an even more robust method for
ensuring that patches are applied correctly, completely, or not at all. If anything goes wrong, systems can be
restored to their previous working state in seconds.

A detailed introduction and quick start guide can be found here:
 https://kubic.opensuse.org/blog/2018-04-04-transactionalupdates/

Any thoughts, feedback, and bug reports will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

--
Richard Brown
Linux Distribution Engineer - Future Technology Team

Phone +4991174053-361
SUSE Linux GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5,  D-90409 Nuernberg
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)