[sle-beta] Samba AD DC in SLES 15 ?

Georges Martin Georges.Martin at iba-group.com
Wed Apr 18 06:06:51 MDT 2018

Hello,

Kudos to the team for the nice work on openSUSE/SLES 15 :-)

I have a question regarding Samba 4.8, though. In your release notes, you say:

"The version of Samba shipped with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 GA delivers integration with Windows 7 Active Directory domains. In addition, we provide the clustered version of Samba as part of SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension 15 GA."

...so, do you intend to deliver the ActiveDirectory Domain Controller functionalities in SLES 15?

G.

Ps: I am currently testing the Samba AD DC with Tumbleweed and keeping a close eye on the network:samba:STABLE repo