[sle-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Service Pack 1 Beta 1 is already out!
SUSE Beta Program
beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Mon Dec 17 02:41:04 MST 2018
We are thrilled to announce the first beta of SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Service
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server For SAP (SLES for SAP),
SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System (JeOS),
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLEHA),
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLEWE),
== A few notes
- Java 11 is now the default JRE, building is also done against Java11,
- Java 10 is part of the Legacy Module now,
- libqt was updated to 5.9.7,
- LLVM updated to version 7, LLVM5 is part of Legacy,
- bcache support included in Installer,
- yast2-packages saw a massive bunch of fixes,
- dmraid was moved into Legacy,
- gcc8 was added to the distribution - note that ggc7 is still the systemcompiler!
- SLE 15 SP1 Real Time product is now available from the product selection screen,
- Transactional Server Module was added to SLES (only available for 'pure' SLES,
no other SLE products),
- vpp was added to the Server Application Module,
- ipmctl tools replace ixpdimm-cli tools for NVDIMM handling,
- Last but not least, roughly 640 packages have been touch specifically for SP1,
in addition to packages updated with Maintenance Updpates since SLE 15.
As always, we highly recommend to check our Release Notes and our changelogs
files for a complete overview of the changes in this new version.
== Missing ISOs
Unfortunately, at the time of writing this email, we still have some CDN issues
with the following ISOs:
Rest assured that we are working on fixing these issues and you will be able to
download them in the near future!
== More informations
SLE Beta Page
We are thankful for your support in trying out our beta products and we welcome
Have fun beta testing!
Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team
Please refer to our dedicated SLE Beta Program webpage for any general
information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.
You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sle-beta