[sle-beta] SLED15 Beta6 Observations

Malcolm malcolmlewis at cableone.net
Fri Feb 9 07:35:49 MST 2018

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 09:03:32 -0600
Malcolm <malcolmlewis at cableone.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 11:32:43 +0100
> Vincent Moutoussamy <vmoutoussamy at suse.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > > On 7 Feb 2018, at 02:17, Malcolm <malcolmlewis at cableone.net>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All
> > > Had a bit a difficulty with this release compared to previous...
> > >
> > > HP Notebook 14-an013ar with eMMC (32GB) and 120GB SSD, dual boot
> > > with Windows 10
> > >
> > > Had issues selecting wayland or X11 GNOME desktop, installer
> > > was not happy so just went with a basic desktop.
> >
> > What are those issues exactly?
>
> If selected the wayland option and proceeded, when at the summary page
> it could not use this pattern.

Performed some more test installs yesterday to try and repeat
bsc#1080082, The exact error for the wayland option was "Error: Failed
to select default product pattern gnome. Pattern has not been found."

At present I'm sticking with just the basic GNOME X11 install... I could
not reproduce my bug :( must have been something funky with the two
folders (boot and sled)...

<snip>

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.3 | GNOME 3.20.2 | 4.4.104-39-default