[sle-beta] firewall-macros missing

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca luizluca at tre-sc.jus.br
Fri Feb 23 15:13:00 MST 2018

Thanks Thorsten,

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Feb 23, Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> This article suggests to use firewall-macros when a package needs to interact
>> with firewall.
>> https://en.opensuse.org/Firewalld/RPM_Packaging
>>
>> However, it SLE15 does not provide firewall-macros. Is this info outdated?
>
> It's not outdated, it is for another product: openSUSE Tumbleweed.

I though that SLE/OpenSUSE packaging guidelines where now aligned.

>> It seems someone started to implement
>> that idea and didn't finished or gave up.
>
> Everything seems to be there on openSUSE Tumbleweed.
>
>> BTW, that article should also tell that packages also require
>> firewall-cmd or firewalld.
>
> No, this would be plain wrong. Never add requires you don't need,
> this will only break a lot of other stuff, but will not help anybody.
> Or in other words: wrong or useless requires have only disadvantages,
> never a single advantage. Like in this case.

You are right.

>> And there is a bug on install line: it does not use %{buildroot}
>
> That's the good thinks on wiki: you can fix that yourself ;)

Done.

> For SLE15, if you need firewall-macros, please open a bug report,
> so that it will be added to the right Module.

firewall-macros really does not provide much as it only offer a single macro.
Guidelines recommends to use it. So, it's expected that when tumbleweed packages start
to use firewalld, they will require that package. Those packages will simply fails if
built for SLE15.

Personally, I do not need that package.

Luiz