[sle-beta] Beta5 - UPDATE / migrate ?

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Wed Jan 17 11:00:57 MST 2018

Grand Beta5 Vincent,

It's Thursday in some parts our world, so will we be celebrate 2018 with a Beta that supports UPDATE / migrate so that many of us can really start to use SLES15 and check it's performance against SLES12. I do understand you want your new features tested and I have done work on that but the real test of SLES15 is it's ability to perform, with these new features, better than sLES12, and for that one needs to be able to migrate working systems to SLES15 to see what we have in "wall clock" for those night batch runs which each year seem to need to do more work in less time et al.

Wishing all an exciting and healthy 2018.

__R

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Eric Duffaut, Dr. Wolfram Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt, Dr. Stefan Sigg; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com