[sle-beta] packages of minimal vs. base

Bernd ecki at zusammenkunft.net
Sat Jan 27 16:00:42 MST 2018

Hello,

what would be a command to compare the packages installed with minimal (no
package DVD) vs. base-module and text-mode pattern in SLES15?

It looks to me like the minimal system would be enough to run applications,
is that actually supported/intended or should the base module always be
present (for SLES).

BTW: in minimal I missed "sudo" and "less", both packages seem to be on the
installer media and can manually be installed. Is there a policy on what
will be on installer CD but not in minimal?

Greetings
Bernd