[sle-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 Beta 1 is out!

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Thu Jul 26 08:53:51 MDT 2018

We are happy to announce SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP4 Beta 1:
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Server For SAP (SLES for SAP),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System (JeOS),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLEHA),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLEWE),
  and SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit (SLESDK).
Download[2]

== Introduction
SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 Beta (SLE 12 SP4) is a consolidation
Service Pack release, which includes:

  - SLE12SP4 kernel is based on kernel version 4.12
  - Delivery of all fixes and updates introduced since SLE 12 SP3 release,
  - Select set of non-disruptive features and new hardware support driven
    by partner and customer requirements.

== 3 Major Topics

  - Hardware support: latest Intel processors, AMD’s “Zen 2”
    core processor generation, IBM z Systems and LinuxONE, IBM POWER8
    (Little Endian), BM POWER9 (Little Endian) ARM SoC (Raspberry Pi) and
    ARM ODM support for selected vendors
  - Shared kernel tree between SLE 12 and SLE 15 to ease maintenance and
    support, as well as increase HW support.
  - New Persistent Memory/NVDIMM feature providing support for target storage
    for in-memory databases.

== More informations
SLE Beta Page[1]
Release Notes[3]
Known Issues[4]

We are thankful for your support in trying out our beta products and we welcome
your feedback.

Have fun beta testing!

  Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team

  Please refer to our dedicated SLE Beta Program webpage[1] for any general
  information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
  beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.

  You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
  Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
  unsubscribe.

[1]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/
[2]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#download