[sle-beta] Highlights of YaST Development

Vincent Moutoussamy vmoutoussamy at suse.com
Tue Jun 5 09:36:21 MDT 2018

Hi,

We know that the GMC milestone of SLE 15 is highly anticipated, we can’t really
communicate any ETA at the moment BUT:
- We can reassure you that we are working heavily on polishing and fixing this
milestone, GMC is the last phase before “Gold Master”!
- As a “mise en bouche” (French that could be translate as appetizer in english),
here the past Highlights of YaST Development Sprint you may have missed.

In my opinion these are the most verbose and technical insights you can read
from our R&D and SLE/Leap 15 development. It goes without saying that I highly
recommend you to read them all or just the topic that interested you the most.

Highlights of YaST Development Sprint 54 <https://lizards.opensuse.org/2018/04/11/highlights-of-yast-development-sprint-54/>
- Installation and Upgrade
  - Clearer Description of Migration Targets
  - Importing the SMT Server SSL Certificate at Upgrade
  - Many System Roles
- Storage
  - Better Message for Multipath (and other) Problems
  - AutoYaST is now Able to Reuse Encrypted Devices
- Miscellaneous
  - Fixed AutoYaST profiles validation issues.
  - Translation Issues
  - The XSL File Format
  - Missing textdomain Call

Highlights of YaST Development Sprint 55 <https://lizards.opensuse.org/2018/04/24/highlights-of-yast-development-sprint-55/>
- Updating NFS Version Handling
- Fixing Broken Translations
- Installing Over VNC Using the Browser
- Asking Once About Equivalent Licenses
- License Confirmation in CaaSP 3.0
- Improving the addon Boot Option Handling
- Echoes of Winter: White Text on a White Background

Highlights of YaST Development Sprint 56 <https://lizards.opensuse.org/2018/05/08/highlights-of-yast-development-sprint-56/>
- Keep predictable network devices settings on S390x
- Fun with console configuration of GRUB2
- Bootloader configuration during upgrade
- Fixing kdump on Xen
- Improving the upgrade from SLE11/12 to SLE15
- Falling back to the guided proposal
- Leap /SLE 15 is closed, but Tumbleweed is still rolling

Highlights of YaST Development Sprint 57 <https://lizards.opensuse.org/2018/05/31/yast-sprint-57/>
- Fine tuning installer behavior in small disks
Included some "openSUSE Conference 2018” like this one “New YaST storage stack:
technical overview” -> https://youtu.be/_0VKUjFAIwo
- More parameter passing for s390
- Fun with MD RAIDs
- And even more fun with MD RAIDs
- Improved error reporting for wrong bootloader in AutoYaST
- Setting the default subvolume name in AutoYaST
- Skipping Btrfs subvolume creation

Happy reading,

Vincent Moutoussamy
SUSE Beta Program and SDK Project Manager