[sle-beta] SLES15-GMC : kernel source in /usr/src does not match the kernel version

Stefan Behlert behlert at suse.com
Mon Jun 11 00:27:14 MDT 2018

Moin,

On Jun 09, 18 00:17:34 +0000, Bong Koo wrote:
> Thorsten,
>
> I installed SLES15 GMC, not RC4.
> I did another fresh install and got the same result.
>
> And, I could not find kernel-source-4.12.14-23.1.noarch.rpm from all 3 installer DVD ISO files.
> Where do I find it in general ?

Ah. The kernel-source-4.12.14-23.1.src.rpm is on the Packages DVD 2.

It's not on the installer media.
I guess this is where you got the old one from - the version you mentioned
was shipped with RC4.
Or you may have installed it through the update channel since RC4 was out,
as a kernel was released there.

You can find the kenrel source on the Package Media, DVD2, and after the
first kernel update was released (which will be close to FCS most likely)
you find the sources for that updated kenrel in the update channels.

Hope this helps.

        ciao,
          Stefan

--
Stefan Behlert, SUSE LINUX
Release Manager Enterprise Server

Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Phone +49-911-74053-173