[sle-beta] Adding an RPM repository to SUSE 15 autoinst

Enis Inan enis.inan at puppet.com
Thu Jun 28 07:04:01 MDT 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to add an RPM repository to my autoinst.xml file for SUSE 15.
The product I'm installing is SLES. I have the following add-ons under my
suse_register entry:

    <addons config:type="list">
      <addon>
        <add_on_products config:type="list">
          <listentry>
            <alias>Alias</alias>
            <name>SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15</name>
            <priority config:type="integer">1</priority>
            <media_url>[*repo_url]*</media_url>
          </listentry>
        </add_on_products>
      </addon>
    </addons>

And the installation fails with:

*These packages cannot be found in the software repositories:
**autoyast2: The package is not available
**autoyast2-installation: The package is not available*

meaning my repo wasn't added. Because when I proceed with the rest of the
installation, then add the repo locally via:

   zypper ar -f *[repo_url]* "Alias"

and then proceed to install autoyast2, and my other packages with

  zypper install --repo "Alias" <package>

things work OK.

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong here?

Thanks!
-Enis