[sle-beta] samba-tool missing

Kai Dupke kdupke at suse.com
Fri Mar 9 05:49:42 MST 2018

On 09.03.2018 07:33, Peter jahn wrote:
> The command samba-tool is the "Main Samba administration tool" for Samba 4.
> https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/current/man-html/samba-tool.8.html

What is missing in the YaSt2 samba client/server tool?

> This command was not available in SLES12 and it seems that it is still true for SLES15RC1. Are there any reasons why SUSE doesn't offer the main administration tool?

I have not found a feature request to add this at all.

Of course, for SUSE Linux Enterprise we are looking into YaST2 as the
tool to manage wherever possible, this feature request might not be
accepted.

Best regards,
Kai Dupke
Senior Product Manager
SUSE Linux Enterprise 15
--
Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
Phone:  +49-(0)5102-9310828     Mail: kdupke at suse.com
Mobile: +49-(0)173-5876766      WWW:  www.suse.com

SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)