[sle-beta] Samba AD DC in SLES 15 ?

Jim McDonough jmcdonough at suse.com
Wed May 23 10:21:20 MDT 2018

Georges Martin wrote:
>I have a question regarding Samba 4.8, though. In your release notes,
>you say:
>
>"The version of Samba shipped with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 GA
>delivers integration with Windows 7 Active Directory domains. In
>addition, we provide the clustered version of Samba as part of SUSE
>Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension 15 GA."
The Windows 7 is being corrected.  It is for all versions of Windows.

>...so, do you intend to deliver the ActiveDirectory Domain Controller
>functionalities in SLES 15?
No, we will not deliver them at this time.  The integration is as a
domain member.

>Ps: I am currently testing the Samba AD DC with Tumbleweed and keeping
>a close eye on the network:samba:STABLE repo
Great!  Please give us feedback there and feel free to open bugs on
that.  That repository should also have SLE15 rpms, though they will not
receive Enterprise support.  We are certainly interested in getting
input on these.

Jim

--
Jim McDonough
SUSE Labs Team Lead - Samba and High Performance Computing
jmcdonough at suse.com
jmcd at samba.org
+49 911 74053 3944
+1 207 619 2916