[sle-beta] MobaXterm from Win-10 to SLES15

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Fri Apr 5 05:08:50 MDT 2019

Grand Day Vincent,
I have been a user, from Window, for many years of MobaXterm as a "Swiss Army Knife" application to access Unix and Linux. It combines in one application all the access I have needed and from my point of view does it well. There is a public version and a private version, which I have.

While working with SLES-15 I have found VNC has become an issue. I have tried a number of ways to get a Linux display on my Win-10 but have failed. I can use SSH -X user at host Pgm and I get the "Pgm" runnng on my Win-10 display, but I could also in the past, use VNC to have the display on Win-10

Could be I have to move from MobaXterm to another application, a few years back I gave up Kermit and PuTTY so I'm not glued to MobaXterm, but I do know it well and it's WSL feature is good.

Mark gave me the name of another Windows app and it's grand but I still get a blank screen when I access SLES 15, the same issues I have with MobaXterm.

Have a grand day,

__R