[sle-beta] MobaXterm from Win-10 to SLES15

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Sat Apr 6 08:29:56 MDT 2019

Grand Saturday,

vncserver -alwaysshared -geometry 1024x768 -depth 16

So it was not an issue with MobaXterm or tightVNC or TigerVNC but it was in the Linux machine. Get that right and all the grand VNC clients worked as they should.

>From some docu in openSUSE on Leap15 the words say, when you want to set a -geo or -dep then just add a vncserver command. So with nout to lose I did and bingo I have the display back on my Win-10 and Win-7 clients.

I dont know why the basic out of the tin does not work, but that is for another day. Just for the record I read many forums that say you can't have sddm in the display manager, well it works for me. I did try gdm and that was grand too.

I'm sure they are good people out there that know you have to add something to 5901, but I'd like to know why it does not work as it says on the tin.

Who will win the "Grand Natonal" today ;o)

__R