[sle-beta] package hub

Wolfgang Engel wengel at suse.de
Wed Feb 27 08:13:27 MST 2019

Hi,

On Tue, 2019-02-26 at 11:47 +0100, Czanik, Péter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now also installed beta4 on x86 in a vm using the exact same
> configuration. Both of the problems I reported originally seem to be
> Aarch64 specific.
>
> Related questions:
>
> - When should I test Aarch64 again?

Let me get my hands on an aarch64 machine to check.

Do you mind creating a bugreport for that one ?
SUSE Package Hub 15 is listed as a product in bugzilla, so you will
find it by choosing "SUSE Linux Enterprise Server" as the primary
product and then "SUSE Package Hub 15" shows up as a product.

> - Is there any way to update syslog-ng in Package Hub from 3.14 to
> 3.19? Apart from bugfixes it also has many interesting new features,
> like if/then/else syntax and lightning fast Elasticsearch / Splunk
> HEC support.

Currently we are constantly syncing packages from Leap 15.1 to Package
Hub 15 for SLE-15-SP1 and syslog-ng 3.19 is already there.
However, it looks like it hasn't been synced to the CDN yet to become
available to you.

The other option is to directly add openSUSE:Backports:SLE-15-SP1 from
OBS in order to install and test the current state of packages.
Please note that using the repo directly, you loose access to the
Package Hub sub packages repo which comes with the Package Hub
extension when enabling in SCC (e.g. via SUSEConnect).

Regards,

Wolfgang