[sle-beta] SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Service Pack 1 GMC3!

Bernd Eckenfels ecki at zusammenkunft.net
Mon Jun 3 13:19:05 MDT 2019

Hello,

I know one can manually request a beta code, it is just more work (for me and you - it would have been easier You could for example add the product subscription to all partner or beta customers by default)

Since I only wanted to check if my installation description (for setting up a database) is still valid I was going with a non-Subscription package install like it worked well before. I don’t work with SLES on a daily base so all these strange conventions just make it harder - it might not be a problem for people running it. But then again, I can imagine with a cumbersome developer out of the box experience it does not improve adoption. (You are just spoiled if you can netinstall any open distro)

Gruss
Bernd

--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net