[sle-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 enablement on SUSE Customer Center

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Mon Oct 7 07:08:49 MDT 2019

Dear customer,

we need your assistance!

As you might be aware, SUSE® separated from Micro Focus®[1] earlier
this year. While the legal separation has been completed in March,
there are technical aspects of the separation still ahead of us.

As of today, updates for SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 are delivered
through the Novell Customer Center, and as this is going to remain with
Micro Focus, effective February 2020, we need to redirect all
customers still relying on SLE 11 to the SUSE Customer Center.

Two beta test scenarios

If you have a running SLE 11 system that currently connects directly to
the Novell Customer Center (i.e., does not connect to an instance of
SMT or SUSE Manager) and would be willing to help, you can follow this
How To[2] which gives guidance on what to do in two scenarios:

- Automatic migration[3], we developed a patch to make the transition
for our customers as seamless as possible, and would kindly ask for
your support in trying it out before we roll it out to everyone.
- Manual activation[4], we focused on Manual activation of a SUSE
Linux Enterprise Server 11 directly to SCC.

Please note that SLE 11 systems connected to SMT/RMT and SUSE Manager
are NOT part of this beta test but will be covered for the official
enablement.

How To ›[5]

We are thankful for your support in trying this out and we welcome your
feedback. As usual you can contact us at
beta-programs at lists.suse.com

Have fun beta testing!

Your SUSE Linux Enterprise and SUSE Customer Center Team

Do not hesitate to contact us at beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you
have any questions.

You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from
us. Click here to unsubscribe.[5]

[1]:https://www.suse.com/c/news/suse-completes-move-to-indepe
ndence-reaffirms-commitment-to-customers-partners-and-open-so
urce-communities-as-industrys-largest-independent-open-source
-company/

[2]:https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/scc-enablement-sle11/
[3]:https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/scc-enablement-sle11/#au
tomatic