[sle-beta] SLES 11 SP4 packages

Sascha Weber SaWeber at suse.com
Wed Apr 29 02:31:36 MDT 2020

Hi Andreas,

sure.

LTSS = Long Term Service request Support

Further information can be found here: https://www.suse.com/products/long-term-service-pack-support/

That is an extension you have to purchase per Server/Service Pack. The latest patches will then be provided via a special LTSS repository.

"Not supported" means that you will only receive very limited SUSE Customer Support assistance with any issues on servers running expired products, you will not receive any patches, the documentation will be locked, etc.

https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=000019588 has more information.
Best practices for maintaining a fully supported SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLES) system | Support | SUSE<https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=000019588>
Best practices for maintaining a fully supported SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLES) system. This document (000019588) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.. Environment
www.suse.com
^^ it should be mentioned that LTSS is only valid for already existing production systems but it is not available for new installations.

As for the downloading packages question. You can find everything you need either here https://download.suse.com/ or here

libcurl-devel is part of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11-SP4 - hence you need to pick that:
[cid:fceb5b9b-a725-42c6-a42f-b46fb7a0cf6e]

Hope this helps.

But as a side not, me being part of the SUSE Customer Support organization, the best way to address these questions would be to open a Support case with us and our engineers would then be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Sascha

Manager Customer Support
SUSE Software Solutions GmbH